Freitag, 19. April 2013

Sherlock Holmes and more Detectives - Part I


One of my favorite detectives is of course the one and only Mr. Sherlock Holmes. Together with his friend, Dr. Watson, he has not only accompanied the days of my youth, but is also always a welcome guest on my TV.

Recently, numerous remakes flicker on the TV. Such series as Elementary resort to the topic and move it into the modern New York. Personaly, I find this series as very nice and entertaining, although I can not really get in touch with Sherlock Holmes.

Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law for me become a successful succession couple of heroes of the past who have dared to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's master dedektiv theme.
The movies satisfy the demand of time, without deviating too much from the original, in terms of principles.

Nevertheless, the hero of my youth is Jeremy Brett, with David Burke and Edward Hartwick. No one could so well to interpret the role of the man as he was. The structure of the series, the costumes and the attention to detail that impressed me time and again and still do today.

The cases were build as close as possible to the original novel and the English humor used repeatedly as a hanger.

I tip my hat to Mr. Brett and his two companions, both have shown in their own way, but really convincing Dr. Watson.

David Burke, the only remaining survivors, found in a recent series Midsomer Murders once again my respect as a character actor and as chief of Chief Inspector Lynley, he appeared to me also once as a "villain". However, in the first season of Sherlock Holmes, he put the absolute clean man, John Watson.

Edward Hartwick was different, however. He was less dreamy, less a clean man, but more the conscience and the "big brother", when Holmes ansetzte to new escapades. It was he who gave his face in all the other films and single Seasons Watson. It was very exciting, and still today, to see these two actors in the interaction.

A new union could now be managed with the BBC's Sherlock. More exciting and closer to the original in terms of people, but also with the selection of actors Benedict Cumberpatch and Mr. Bilbo Baggins, Martin Freeman as Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.

Ii is piquant that the BBC use music genre of the movie with Downey and Law served, also otherwise very daring at this kind of interaction between Holmes and Watson. I can still get a clear picture of two actors in this role, but it's fun to track them.

The first of me. If you like what i wrote, talk to me. Maybe your opinion about Mr. Sherlock Holmes or other detective? Is there one that I should write about ?

So long, Gordon


2 Kommentare:

Colonel Scipio hat gesagt…

I grew up with Jeremy Brett as well - and when I read the books I still imagine Brett he's the perfect Holmes. Slightly eccentric, and captures that brooding introvert nature well.

I recently started watching the new Sherlock - I think the setting and the characters are really good (especially Martin Freeman), but I thought the plots were a little over-dramatic at times. Still a good series.

Andrea Laura hat gesagt…

The information that you provided was thorough and helpful. I will have to share your article with others.

Agen bola